To ensure that Super Travellers (ST) are maintaining their standards after their status upgrade, the Airfrov team will evaluate all STs via random checks.
ST statuses will automatically be revoked if a user fails to maintain the minimum performance standards of having an average of 4.5 star reviews and a delivery rating of at least 85%.
(We'll drop travellers a reminder via email if they are at risk of demotion, before the demotion potentially happens.)
Once promoted, Verified Travellers (VT) will not be demoted should their performance standards fall below the requirement. However, Airfrov may at anytime unverify a traveller should there be a compelling reason to. All travellers are encouraged to keep up their reviews and delivery rating, as requesters' trust in (and therefore payments to) travellers highly depend on these factors.
All VT/ST are considered as "experienced" users on Airfrov and are given certain feature benefits and privileges. Of course with SUPER-powers comes SUPER responsibilities!
There is a certain code of conduct that VT/ST should uphold as they are responsible for delivering happiness to all users.
A perfect VT/ST should be:
1) Setting good example to other users (Be friendly, polite, respectful & trustworthy)
2) Understanding the needs of other users
3) Passionate & committed in delivering requested items timely
4) Efficient & effective in delivering the right items
5) Responsive to messages and comments
When a VT/ST is being flagged/reported by another user for inappropriate behaviour or misconduct, Airfrov will carry out necessary investigation. Airfrov reserves the rights to make judgements as we deemed fit in accordance with the information provided by both parties.
The list of inappropriate conduct that might lead to a revoke of statuses include, but are not limited to the following:
1) Not complying with the applicable laws and terms of services
2) Abusing other users in comments/private messages
3) Using of profanities
4) Getting around Airfrov's payment platform by dealing directly with requesters
5) Having multiple accounts
6) Taking requests for prohibited/ illegal items
7) Yielding to spam to promote referral codes/user names on listings/comments